Atlanta, GA asked in Civil Litigation, Contracts and Legal Malpractice for Tennessee

Q: negligence, malpractice, breach of contract. unresponsive causing life issues

what do I do if an firm is holding money owed to me in a IOLTA and refuses to give info or release funds. The attorney who represented me now has his own firm and they have shut him out and will not provide him info after promising to release monies owed to me. I have been in this battle for over 1 year now. I have email correspondence, I have a full case breakdown. The attorney's office is no longer in Nashville but yet they still have a Nashville contact that is not active and a Nashville address that belongs to another company on its website. How can I get my money and what do I do. They agreed to release the money and have since gone MIA

1 Lawyer Answer
Leonard Robert Grefseng
Leonard Robert Grefseng
  • Columbia, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: Contact the Tennessee Board of Professional Responsibility ( this is the board that governs lawyers). This office can assist you with complaint or disputes with your attorney.

Anthony M. Avery agrees with this answer

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.