Shreveport, LA asked in Family Law and Military Law for Florida

Q: Can a married military member file CS on their spouse who’s also a military member. Wife lives in AL, husband in FL?

They are still married, neither has filed for legal separation or divorce. They have 2 kids wife is Army, husband is Airforce.. wife is stationed in Enterprise Alabama but filed from Montgomery county. Husband stationed in Florida. the father pays half of daycare and provides extra money for food, clothing, utilities etc.?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Vanessa Vasquez de Lara
Vanessa Vasquez de Lara
  • Miami, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Child support can always be requested, even if the parents are still married. But it sounds like the jurisdiction on this case may be incorrect as child support must be filed where the paying parent lives, not where the children live. An attorney should be consulted to see if the case can be dismissed for incorrect jurisdiction and refiled in Florida.

Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.