Baton Rouge, LA asked in Arbitration / Mediation Law, Child Support, Divorce and Family Law for Louisiana

Q: My husband and I have a covenant marriage. He abandoned me and our three kids in September. I would like to divorce.

There is evidence of adultery. Can an immediate divorce be granted being we have a covenant marriage? What steps can I take right now to ensure my kids and I are ok? He left me with a ton of financial debt and refused often to pay the arrangements we set.

1 Lawyer Answer
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
  • Arbitration & Mediation Lawyer
  • Covington, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: You can hire a divorce attorney to file immediately.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.