Opelousas, LA asked in Criminal Law, Gov & Administrative Law and Legal Malpractice for Louisiana

Q: I found someone who had overdosed and called 911. I was arrested for drugs and there were no drugs found is this legal.

I found a friend od. I called 911 police and emt arrived. They searched house but there were no drugs. They searched my purse and I had bc powder in a bottle of tylenol. And was arrested charged with possession n man. Of herion. They tested it for cocaine but refused to test for her. I had to spend time in jail because I was on parole. And start all the wat over. I was suppose to start work at sonic in la the next day I begged them but they wouldnt listen. Is this legal?? I still havent been to court for it and I've been out for 6 months. But that still doesn't make up for all the things it's taking away from me!

1 Lawyer Answer
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Covington, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: Jeez good deed really punished you. A criminal attorney should be able to wrap this up.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.