Indianapolis, IN asked in Employment Law for Indiana

Q: I really don't know where to start I've been working at this job for over 5 years 1 raise in 5 years getting harassed

I just need some advice on what to do I don't know what to do I get set home for being harassed by my coworker and my boss sent me home for me get harassed I'm not doing anything wrong I'm disabled I'm only allowed to work part-time I can't keep putting up this with this harassment and they're trying to make it seem like it's me help me please

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Carrie Dyer
Carrie Dyer

A: If you feel you are being harassed because of your disability or your membership in another protected class (e.g., due to your gender, race, color, national origin, religion, or age (40+)), you should report the harassment in accordance with your employer's policies. If the harassment continues and your employer fails to take action, you should consult with an experienced employment law attorney to discuss further options.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.