New Iberia, LA asked in Identity Theft for Louisiana

Q: My daughter in law has 15 counts of identity theft against her the card was from a person she was sitting who is dead

The lady is deceased and my dil was told to use it on her and live also she is accused of using another ladies card but had permission how much time could she get

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: 'Sorry that your question remains open on something where time is of the essence. It was probably overlooked in this category. You probably know this already - if you haven't so far, contact a criminal defense attorney without delay - one you find on this site, through your own independent searches, or through the Public Defender's office if your daughter qualifies financially. An experienced Louisiana criminal defense attorney would probably recommend that you no longer make statements regarding the matter on public forums, this one or others. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.