Black River Falls, WI asked in Criminal Law for Wisconsin

Q: I spank my step child with a belt,and was charge with 948.03(2)(b) . What is the worse that could happen?

My step daughter had been disrespecting her mom,and I finally got tired of it. So I hit her with the belt 3-4 times. But she has been in and out of trouble for the last 2yrs,but the system won't do nothing to her.Now my other ? is,now that she has moved to Oklahoma with her dad. What are my chances of getting this remove?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Aaron W Schenk
Aaron W Schenk
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Green Bay, WI
  • Licensed in Wisconsin

A: This offense would be a class H felony, exposing you to six years in the state prison system and/or a $10,000 fine.

There are also many other consequences to becoming a convicted felon.

I highly recommend that you get an attorney on board as soon as possible.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.