Q: Ok..this idea was originally stole from me by inventionland or davison. We live in a habitat for humanity home....

Now I was told christmas and my birthday the patent along with the buisness is mine I'm ne ceo.... now theres patents for humanity my land lords surely cant steal my riches and my buisness... there're non proffit.... for one thing. And for 2 none of this was or is possible with out me its caused me so much damn stress I'm shaking they cant take my dreams like that who do they think they are???

1 Lawyer Answer
Kevin E. Flynn
Kevin E. Flynn
  • Patents Lawyer
  • Pittsboro, NC

A: I am so sorry that you had a bad experience with this firm. I am not familiar with them, but that industry of helping inventors has many bad apples.

There are a number of invention promotion firms that take money from inventors and provide little or no value back. I do not know all these companies and cannot say for certain that there is not at least one that earns the money paid by inventors, but I have seen some really bad results. The United States Patent and Trademark Office has a web page that leads to a place where complaints can be submitted against invention promotion firms.


The United States Patent and Trademark Office publishes complaints against invention promotion firms and their responses. Some of the page links seem to have gone bad but at least some of the newer complaints can be reviewed. Keep in mind that these invention promotion firms will sometimes close down and form a new company with a slightly different name. So not finding a complaint does not guarantee that the invention promotion firm is reputable.


The FTC has the authority to discipline invention promotion firms that take advantage of an inventor’s enthusiasm. They provide guidance on the topic of Invention Promotion Firms.


To take legal action, you need a lawyer who is licensed in your state that can sue them on breach of contract or other legal theories. Having someone that is familiar with patent litigation and values for patents would be helpful but such specialists are often expensive.

You may want to search Justia for Consumer-Law as that may be the right type of attorney to help you with this matter.

Good luck.

Kevin E Flynn

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.