Hanover, PA asked in Child Custody for Pennsylvania

Q: Can I find My Daughters Mom in Contempt??? HELP!!!

My daughters mother has primary custody of them. I have partial custody with court ordered visitations every other weekend. We share 50/50 legal custody. For the part 5 years their mother has not been a part of their life she just disappeared. I was not able to have the kids live with me at the time so their grandmother had legal guardianship. She comes back and just take my kids and moves them 5 hours away without talking to me, consulting to me about anything. I have not seen my kids in 8 months. Can I get her in trouble for anything? Please help, my youngest (14) is begging to come home, she didn't want to move and her mom wont let her.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Penelope A. Boyd
Penelope A. Boyd
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • West Chester, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: Consult a local attorney about filing to modify the custody order and to object to the relocation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.