Murfreesboro, TN asked in Criminal Law and Military Law for Tennessee

Q: My case has been sent over to the local Veterans Court. If approved, what can I expect? Can I get my charges dismissed?

I am a 62 y/o Veteran with no prior criminal record. Upon advice from my court appointed lawyer, who did not want to take my case to court.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: Veterans' Court is a great privilege, so consider yourself fortunate. Many Courts dismiss the charges upon completion of the entire Veteran protocol. It will involve doing things other Defendants do not have to worry with. Your lawyer should answer your questions, but the important thing is to perform all assigned tasks perfectly, do not get in trouble, and be very respectful to the Judge and DA.

Paul E. Tennison agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.