Indianapolis, IN asked in Legal Malpractice for Louisiana

Q: How and what to file suit against an attorney for delay tactics and the emotional distress and monetary losses associate

The case has taken more than 5 years. Every time there is a deadline it is missed. We submitted a piece of evidence into record and the attorney was given 15 days to reply with its admissibility. That was 49 days ago. This is a trend and I believe it is to try to run my funds dry so I cannot keep continuing with the case. Opposing Council is a partner in a firm. Can I hold him and his firm liable? What recourse can I take?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Douglas Lee Bryan
Douglas Lee Bryan
  • Marksville, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: If you believe your lawyer has committed malpractice on your case, you should consult with another attorney to review your file and advise whether he agrees. You have a right to receive either the original or a copy of your file.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.