Indianapolis, IN asked in Child Custody, Child Support and Family Law for Indiana

Q: My son mother is on drugs. My child has moved in with me for about 3 months. How can i stop paying child suppourt

My sons mother is in drugs. I have called cps about it but ahe alwaya found away to get away with it. Now a year later she lost her house amd job. My son is living with me because of the living situation . i walked in her house to pick him up for a visit

She had no fridge . no food. No hotwater. I couldnt let him go back in that house again. She has sold everything in her house. She has only seen him once and only because he wanted some of his things from the foreclosed home.

1 Lawyer Answer
John Mario Acosta Jr.
John Mario Acosta Jr.
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Valparaiso, IN
  • Licensed in Indiana

A: Based on the information you provided in your questions you can file a motion with the court to change custody, parenting time and support.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.