Saint George, UT asked in Child Custody for Utah

Q: My ex has full physical but we share legal custody, does she have to tell me where my child is?

My ex has full physical custody but we share legal custody. My daughter has been living with her grandparents for the past 3 years. About a month ago my ex and the grandparents stopped communication with me. Is this legal?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Lane Wood
Lane Wood
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • St. George, UT
  • Licensed in Utah

A: This is likely a violation of one or more provisions of the court order. You should consider filing an order to show cause to enforce the order. You may also want to seek a modification of the order.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.