Rossville, GA asked in Real Estate Law for Tennessee

Q: My aunt passed in Tennessee My mother is the only sibling. How can she obtain her house and sell it. It’s paid for and

My mother has no money

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Leonard Robert Grefseng
Leonard Robert Grefseng
  • Columbia, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: Consult an experienced real estate lawyer with the proposal that the attorney fees can be paid from the sale proceeds. If the house has any real value, an experienced lawyer will know that he will eventually get paid in full and thus he/she won't require payment in advance. If your aunt passed with no spouse and no children and no will, your mom may indeed be the only heir and entitled to ownership of the house. This is not something that should be attempted without a lawyer- talk to more than one.

Tim Akpinar agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.