Altoona, PA asked in Tax Law for Pennsylvania

Q: I paid for child care and they refuse to give me the papers I need to file this on my tax return. How can they do this?

How can I get this from Punkin Patch Childcare?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Andrew M Steiger
Andrew M Steiger
  • Tax Law Lawyer
  • Grosse Pointe, MI

A: Don’t let the companies failure deter you. Present them with a W-10 and ask for that info. If the company refuses, file a claim for the credit with the info that you have and attach an explanation to your return to document your request for the missing info. The IRS may deny the credit at first, but it may not. Include a receipt from the care provider showing the expenses and let the company know that you are filing despite the lack of cooperation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.