Harrisburg, PA asked in Child Support for Pennsylvania

Q: I have been paying the State of California Child Support for over 28 years.

They have seized my Federal Returns every year and continue to take roughly 400.00 per month from my pay check.

I have repaid the DCSS in excess of 250,000.00.

My children are grown and 31 and 29 respectively.

I am not sure of the exact figures, but I know they did not receive what I have paid back.

CA continues to hold my passport and reflect my credit as a 77,000.00 debt.

Is there anyway you can help?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Wyomissing, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: You need to get an accounting from the State, ultimately you may have to contact the Pennsylvania Civil Liberties Union, because you shouldn't have to sue them in California. Further, there should be a process for accounting. Given the amount of money you may want to contact the California Civil Liberties union, get the name of a "cooperating attorney" they use and at least get a consultation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.