Pittsburgh, PA asked in Immigration Law for Pennsylvania

Q: I`m on F2 visa and I need a social security number? , how can I change my visa?

I`m an Egyptian pharmacist, came to Pittsburgh on an F2 visa because my husband is a Ph.D. student. I took the foreign pharmacy graduate exam and got the FPGEC certificate, but to complete the steps to get my license as a pharmacist here in the USA I need a social security number. How can I do this? how can I change my visa?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Adan Vega
Adan Vega
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Houston, TX

A: You will need to apply for a status such as the H-1B that allows you to be lawfully employed in the U.S. You can then apply for the SS#.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.