Tampa, FL asked in Domestic Violence and Family Law for Florida

Q: Unmarried father with history of domestic violence get unsupervised time with his kid?

Hello all, I have a 5 year old with my ex boyfriend. I have a permanent injunction against him with our daughter included since September 2018. He has 2 domestic violence misdemeanor battery convictions, and 2 violation of injunction convictions, all against me all within the past 3 yrs. He got out of jail in December 2019 after serving 9 months for violating the injunction. A mutual friend told me that he’s filing to establish paternity to see our daughter. I don’t mind him seeing her at least it is at a supervised visitation center. How likely is it tbh at he would get u supervised visits with her? She doesn’t even remember who he is. What kind of evidence is needed? I have text msgs of him threatening to kill both of us, I have pictures of bruises he has left on me, plus his convictions. Is that enough?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Rand Scott Lieber
Rand Scott Lieber
  • Hollywood, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: You need to be ready to present evidence as to why he should have supervised visitation. If there is no relationship then the timesharing would probably start with a reunification plan. You should schedule a consultation with a local lawyer to discuss the details.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.