Franklin, TN asked in Car Accidents for Tennessee

Q: My daughter was involved in a car accident last week and was driving uninsured. The other driver was cited and at fault

How do I get the at fault drivers insurance to pay for damage to car? I called their insurance and they are insisting on my daughter’s insurance.

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: Your Daughter will probably need to sue the other driver and/or owner. I recommend initially filing in General Sessions Court. She needs to go to the Court Hearing on the other's Citation for a Rule of the Road violation, and make sure the Judge knows she is there as a victim on his case. If he is found guilty, then normally he is liable to the other driver for damages due to negligence per se. You may wish to hire a competent attorney.

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Wyomissing, PA

A: She should consult with a member of the Tenn. Assn for Justice/Tenn Trial Lawyers Assn for the county where the wreck happened. They give free consultations.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.