Pine City, MN asked in Family Law for Minnesota

Q: I was served by my ex-wife on a motion to modify visitation and have court in Fillmore cty Mn on march 10th.

Im filling out my response in our divorce we have joint legal custody. her complaints are ludacris and she has put see attached but has nothing to support anything shes claiming the reasons why asking for a change cause nothing that shes claiming happened on visits ever has happened. His school therapist and case manager and there unproffesionalism for a year now that i upset them both when i last summer assured them i would be reporting them and their actions. anyway, they helped her fill out court forms and state in there to the court that records from Dr's and therapist records can be obtained to support her motion that visits are damageing to my son. Now one question is can I since joint legal custody can I contact the case manager and school therapist who both work for same co. HVMH in Winona. demand to see these records and all other records before the court? these two therapists have never met me in person I've reported all kinds of abuse to them via phone and they have ignored

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Corwin Kruse
Corwin Kruse
  • Licensed in Minnesota

A: Yes, you should have access to the records. If they won’t provide voluntarily, you can subpoena them.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.