Sunrise Beach, MO asked in Family Law for Missouri

Q: What forms do i need to file a motion to inforce the original visitation agreement in a Missouri court? Of a minor

In 2018 i, consented to a Stipulation consent to guardianship in the Missouri courts of Morgan County. Since that time the guardian has consistently denied &/or interfered in the court ordered visitations. I would like to file the necessary documents to the same courts ordering the guardian to allow the visitations. I was originally court ordered at least 1 visit each month. For at least 1 hour, supervised. I wish to modify the original plan and increase visitation to every other weekend unsupervised overnights to make up for over a year without my visitations with my 5 year old son.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kristen Thurmond
Kristen Thurmond
  • Kansas City, MO
  • Licensed in Missouri

A: If you were given a parenting time according to a parenting plan in the child's guardianship, then you can enforce that by filing a Family Access Motion. You can get assistance from counsel or go to the courthouse and ask the clerk to help you with the forms. By law, the clerk can somewhat assist you with the form, which is different from almost any other request of the court. However, you may want to consult with an attorney about the realistic effect of enforcing it and explore all your options.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.