Beaverton, OR asked in Employment Law and Patents (Intellectual Property) for Oregon

Q: What else can I do to make my deceased fathers employment office get ahold of me in order to process his last paycheck?

Hello, my father passed away last year in October and it is now February. I have called and called the agency (People Ready) my dad worked for (he worked as a carpenter through a temp agency) and I have left voicemails and even spoke to someone who said they would call me back, but no one has called me back. I have tried to get ahold of someone to report my dads hours he worked and to get his last paycheck in my possession. Also I will now need a corrected W2 since its taken them so long to call me back and get those hours added. Im frustrated that no one has called me back and it doesnt look like they will. I will keep calling (and have called many times) but is there anything else I can do?

1 Lawyer Answer
Mr. Michael O. Stevens
Mr. Michael O. Stevens
  • Hillsboro, OR
  • Licensed in Oregon

A: You might retain an attorney to contact them. A quick letter would likely not cost much, and the estate may be able to reimburse that cost. See ORS 652.190 for who is supposed to get the check to ensure you are the correct person before demanding the check.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.