Pine City, MN asked in Family Law for Minnesota

Q: Follow up Question my son shouldn't even know about court coming up or supervised visits she wants.

he tells me and asks me questions that no 9 yr old should know about or be told such as at his last appointment his therapist called him into room asking what we talk about on visits and phone calls so she knows what to say in court and his case manager talking to his mom in front of him saying I'm an unlikable person. can I ask before court hearing to see these reports she claims shes got from therapists that our visits are damaging to our son? Or on her motion, she says therapists reports can be obtained if needed. If in her motion there are no therapists reports added to the motion I was served can they present them in court? I'm being railroaded outta my sons life and with help from these HVMH employees, I have reported on the phone only to his therapist and case manager allegations of sexual abuse and physical for a year now with them ignoring until I threatened to report them for all their unprofessionalism and they have had it for me ever since. any advice? covering up a lot.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Corwin Kruse
Corwin Kruse
  • Licensed in Minnesota

A: You will likely want/need a transcript of the recording if it is to be presented to the court. For now, highlighting the conversation and noting that the entire conversation is available for the court may suffice. Note that court's generally dislike parents involving the children in disputes of this nature and, depending upon the context of the conversation and how the topic arose and was handled, it could harm your case more than it helps.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.