Pine City, MN asked in Family Law for Minnesota

Q: one last question. I appreciate you and this site you been so much help for people who can't afford representation.

Now with having joint legal custody of 9 yr old son and his case manager and therapist never meeting me in person and solely going on the words of my angry ex-wife towards me and being very unprofessional and bias toward me. Do I have the right to take them both off my son's case? since I never was asked or given a chance to help decide his therapy or anything anyway. And what are the steps I would go threw? and can I ask for that if its gotta go before a judge in this modification of visitation hearing on march tenth there involved in? Or would I half to go through Hiawatha valley mental health in Winona Mn where there employed through? Thanks again

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Corwin Kruse
Corwin Kruse
  • Licensed in Minnesota

A: If you have joint legal custody, you have equal say in determining medical/psychiatric treatment. You should have been consulted prior to starting therapy. You should raise to the court the fact that you weren’t and can then ask that they be removed for bias or other reasons.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.