New York, NY asked in Child Custody for Pennsylvania

Q: How can my granddaughter get new lawyer

oyc took granddaughter child who is yr old she have been doing all that ask but the oyc worker is not happy with anything she does she has had 3 drug test passed them all she has talk to granddaughters mother who has told a bunch of lies to the worker who apparently believes her lies and her lawyer has not done anything to prove the lies I'm so afraid her mom will get her and she is not a good parent she was abuse to granddaughter and I dont want that for my great granddaughter daughter any advice Is appreciated they have said that her mom will get to adopt her and that scares us all plz help

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Cary B. Hall
Cary B. Hall
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Norristown, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: Your granddaughter can hire any attorney of her choosing at any time. If she has a court-appointed attorney, however, or is being represented for free by a legal aid organization, *and* the feeling is that the "free" attorney isn't doing his/her job, then it might be time for the family to come together and pony up the funds to hire private counsel.

If the dependency case is in southeastern PA, feel free to contact me offsite to further discuss. Best of luck to everyone involved.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.