Winter Park, FL asked in Traffic Tickets for Florida

Q: I received a Tix for no registration. Was unable to get it because my DL recently expired. Have been trying to get my bb

Birth certificate for three months now. Even though I've been licensed in FL for 36 yrs because of new laws implemented I have to provide my birth certificate, ss card, etc. I only realized that my license had expired two weeks after the fact when it was brought to my attention by a security guard. Ordered my birth certificate online through Vital Check and have been getting the run-around since. The health Dept of NY requires photo id. I uploaded my driver's license but it was unacceptable because it was expired. my other alternative was to provide a letter from either a county state or federal agency & statement from my cellphone service provider. I got a letter sent from the DMV which they accepted however the statement I provided from my cell phone service provider they would not accept. Went right to NY HDept same thing. I went to court for the citation and was given 6 mo probation. Judge wouldn't even listen to my circumstances. Haven't had a Tix in 15 yrs. What can I do????

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jean Richardson
Jean Richardson
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • North Miami, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Did you have an attorney? Did you plea "no contest"? Typically, you have 30 days to appeal. If you are within 30 days of your sentencing, you should consult with an appellate attorney. Good luck!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.