Little Rock, AR asked in Immigration Law for Arkansas

Q: Alien marrying a US Greencard Holder and having a son in the US. Can they live in the US the three of them?

Hi I am not a US citizen, my wife is a green card holder, we got married in my country a year ago and we just got our first child in the US, she has to live and stay in the US and I want to move there with her, what is the fastest way to do so? I don't want to leave her and my child alone there, and she cannot leave because she needs to get the citizenship.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Deron Edward Smallcomb
Deron Edward Smallcomb
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • San Diego, CA

A: There is more than one option here in what seems to be a complex case. I strongly suggest that you contact an experienced immigration attorney for assistance.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.