Ephrata, PA asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Child Support for Pennsylvania

Q: In a custody order it is stated that the Father is responsible for Health Insurance. Who pays the rest?

Who pays the deductible and other out of pocket expenses? It does not say anything other than the father pays monthly support and Health Insurance.

1 Lawyer Answer
Cary B. Hall
Cary B. Hall
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Norristown, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: The parent with primary physical custody will pay all out-of-pocket expenses up to $250.00 during the calendar year for each child. Anything greater than this amount should be allocated between the parents by a percentage ordinarily contained in the child support order. That monetary amount could be paid directly from the noncustodial parent to the other; otherwise, the custodial parent should file a claim for this excess out-of-pocket amount with Domestic Relations during the first quarter of the following calendar year.

For more information and specifics on how to accomplish this, contact your local Domestic Relations office. Best of luck to you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.