Carrollton, GA asked in Foreclosure for Georgia

Q: Hi I just discovered a foreclosure on my credit. I never foreclosed in my life. I had a friend run a check and I do

My ex wife doesn't have a foreclose on her record but I do and according to the background check she and I were not divorced when the foreclosure took place. She did something but I'm not savvy enough to figure it out. I know the attorneys info and everything from the check. I can't get credit etc due to this and what can I do?

Is what my ex did normal in a divorce or whatever?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Homer P Jordan IV
Homer P Jordan IV
  • Atlanta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: I’m sorry to hear this has happened to you. If you have not been a part of a foreclosure you should contact the reporting credit agency and dispute that being on your credit report. They should take steps to investigate the accusation and you can go from there, depending on what their findings are. -Homer P. Jordan IV, Esq. 404-620-1558

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.