Asked in Family Law for Idaho

Q: If a parent moves outta state shouldn't that change the visitation ?

Since we went to court a year ago she has quit her job, gotten divorced, and moved outta state(8 hr round trip if no delays) and she still wants to come get him every other weekend and take him back to where she lives now (at a camp ground)......she bailed on him before he turned 3 and has only been back in his life a couple years now and he is 10.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kevin M Rogers
Kevin M Rogers
  • Boise, ID
  • Licensed in Idaho

A: If you want to spend a lot of money on a lawyer to try to keep her from from your son from his mother who has been “in his life” for the past 2 years, no drug use, nothing but poverty AND despite her poverty she is willing to drive 4 hours 1-way to spend time with her son - you’d better have a lot of money! It sounds to me like the better option would be for you to call her up and offer to meet her 1/2 way and even give her some cash for TRYING to stay in her son’s life, rather than filing a Petition to Modify Custody in order to WHAT?! TAKE HER WEEKENDS AWAY FROM HER?!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.