Chicago, IL asked in Personal Injury and Medical Malpractice for Louisiana

Q: I'm looking to see what can be done. I received a circumcision in 2018 and I am having trouble due to the surgery.

The Dr was unable to complete the procedure in his office due to the anesthetic not being strong enough. This left me having to go to the emergency room to scope my urethra because it collapsed during the procedure. I then had to have a catheter put In and sent home for a over a week with this thing in me. After the swelling and bruising finally went down, I went to the surgery center for the circumcision. I am now having trouble catching an erection due to the surgery. Apparently the Dr in question, removed too much skin and now it continues to RIP open when I catch an erection. This is very painful and dont know what can be done. Is there anything that I can do?

1 Lawyer Answer
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
  • Covington, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: You have until 365 days after date of discovery but no more than 3 years after the malpractice occurred. So get to a medical malpractice lawyer quickly.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.