Nashville, TN asked in Adoption, Child Custody and Family Law for Tennessee

Q: I have a custody case in TN but I reside in FL, do I need to attain a TN lawyer ?

The children were taken to TN supoosed to be temporary for their fathers funeral but their older brother from a previous relationship from their father, is trying to keep them and get full custody . I signed a custody agreement that the grandfather made himself and had notarize that they will be with him .The have been with their older brother the entire time . Which was not what we agreed on. The grandfather recently passed away and I went to pick up my children but there was a court date for the brother to get full custody . Some how the brother has temporary custody . I want my children back home and i domt know what to do. We have court again on April 27th for me to say my part. I was never notified about the court date today, I just happen to come get them at the same time . Any assistance would be greatly appreciated .

Tiffany Hall

1 Lawyer Answer
Johnny Quitman Rasberry
Johnny Quitman Rasberry
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Cordova, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: You need to hire an experienced family law attorney from around Nashville. There are several issues presented in your question that you most likely cannot address without legal representation. I suspect a dependency and neglect petition has been filed against you. The burden of proof is high, however, given the specific facts and circumstances will be determinative of the outcome. Get a lawyer now.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.