Asked in Criminal Law for Idaho

Q: I was sentenced on criminal case mon but wen i got the order they where not wat i was sentenced and singed by a diff

Judge is that leagle

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kevin M Rogers
Kevin M Rogers
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Boise, ID
  • Licensed in Idaho

A: If I understand what you’re saying, that on Monday you were sentenced by a judge other than the original judge, a “fill-in” or “retired” judge?

Unfortunately, your lawyer may be to blame because she didn’t ask for your case to be continued until your original judge could be there because the judge who sentenced you will always do so “on the record” and if your sentencing judge said one thing in court and (for unknown reasons) another judge signed it for him AND (again almost unheard of) for some reason actually CHANGED what your sentencing judge said, then sir you simply need to get an audio of your sentencing and compare it to what is written and signed by a different judge and if you find differences, you should file a judicial complaint and a Motion to Correct an Illegal Sentence because that stuff is the kind of stuff that movies are made of (and ass-hole judges) lose their robes doing! Good luck finding out huh!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.