Asked in Child Support for Kansas

Q: Is it okIf a non custodial parent has proof for them to pay other parent directly owed child support and they reject it?

I have emails, mail sent to me from modification of me having to pay child support was dropped but they told me i had to pay him directly what i owe and he's sent back almost every payment, stating he can't accept it unless it's coming to me from the state not myself. I have kept all the money order receipts

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Marilyn  Johnson
Marilyn Johnson

A: You should make the payments to the State Disbursement Unit. You then have proof of the payments and do not create Extra, unnecessary issues.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.