Kingston, PA asked in Domestic Violence for Pennsylvania

Q: My boyfriend broke PFA orders on 3/14 & 3/15. We placed PFA on each 3/12. The police refuse to arrest. Please help

He beat me on 3/6& 3/8 I did not report it. 3/10 he tried to have me committed by 302 order signed by the judge. The police forcefully took me to the hospital I then decided I to have charges brought against him, the police officer said “one thing at a time if and when you get out come see me”. While in the hosp the nurse was doing my intake I again asked officer To charge my boyfriend for hurting me again he replied “not at this time if and when you get out come see me.” The nurse documented it along with documentation of my bruises. the CMSU caseworker and the Doctor evaluated me and found in my favor to be fine released me that evening and brought me home. Because his pfa first I was evicted from our home unable to pick up my 16 yr very ill dog my meds for Lyme or anything else. 3/14 thru 3rd party he contacted me 3/15 direct contact. Captured on video and with a handwritten apology note signed dated. Add I Turned 50 yrs yesterday and never in trouble. No one will help me!

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Mr. Ryan L Hyde
Mr. Ryan L Hyde
  • Domestic Violence Lawyer
  • Exton , PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: Unfortunately, this is a mess, as you well know. The challenge is you are reacting to his moves so your credibility is at issue. The officer does not have to charge if there are significant cresibility issues. What I would suggest is you contact your counties womens support organization. Usually it is a victims rights organization and they have attorney work with them. If he violated your PFA (cross filed PFAs are a nightmare) you do not have to have the police file, you can file the contempt petitiom on your own. It is always best to talk to an attorney first so they can have you navigate the court system. Good luck to you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.