Pittsburgh, PA asked in Domestic Violence for Pennsylvania

Q: Hello I got into a situation with my boyfriend we had a petty argument when led to a petty petty fight so now I had to

Me and my boyfriend got into a petty fight over a game and was upset he los the game and now we had a argument things got heated and loud so i threw his other games on the floor and he got upset pushed /shoved me and then I push bed him back and he threw one of the cases at my face which left knot now I punched him and I went to Go to the hospital cause my nail broke and there was a blood and a mark from the case so then the cop came and I told him that I’d don’t want to press charges Cuase it wasn’t that serious we are young so he said it was a state law of pa so I told him he choked instead of shoved but I was still full of tears over me which he didn’t idk why I was overwhelmed and hurt about the fact he did that and now he has a misdemeanor charge and a felony of strangulation which he never choked me and he has no record neither do I we never got into a fight and I thought he choked me but he shoved me with his hand now he has these charges which are bad I need advice

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Mr. Ryan L Hyde
Mr. Ryan L Hyde
  • Domestic Violence Lawyer
  • Exton , PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: I am not sure what advice you need. He needs a lawyer. You are not responsible, the officer charged based on the evidence he has. You cant stop thos even if you want to. Be forthright about how you want the case handled. The Distrixt Attorney doesnt have to listen to you but a lot of times they will. If you are saying you lied to the police officer, be very careful. Making false statements to a police officer is an offense.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.