Asked in Trademark for Utah

Q: I'm trying to make a clothing brand named blase, would i still be able to or is there legal issues?

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
John Martin Hilla
John Martin Hilla
  • Trademarks Lawyer
  • Livonia, MI

A: Consult a trademark attorney to discuss your proposed mark in a private consultation.

Many of us offer free virtual consultations to potential clients nationwide.

The first step that is required to answer your question is to retain an attorney to conduct a thorough clearance search for your proposed mark, searching not only the Federal trademark register but also state registries, business registrations, social media, other points of evidence that another individual or company may already be using the mark in interstate commerce.

For our clients, we will then review the results, weigh the odds of successfully registering the trademark with the US Patent & Trademark Office, and provide you an opinion of those odds so that you can make an educated decision whether or not to proceed with the application.

1 user found this answer helpful

Marcos Garciaacosta
Marcos Garciaacosta

A: looks like there are some similar marks, so yes, you would be running into problems.

consult an attorney, and consider a different mark.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.