Akron, OH asked in Family Law for Pennsylvania

Q: I only get 20 hours a week i cant afford to pay it im late will i go to jailor loose my driving privaleges

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Scott L. Levine
Scott L. Levine
  • Pittsburgh, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: If you are referring to your ability to pay child support because of a reduction in hours at your job during this unprecedented time, you are not alone. Many people paying child support have questions about what to do if they lose their job or have their hours cut as a result of the Covid-19 global pandemic. Even though PA courts are currently closed for at least another month, you can still file for a modification of child support online at the Pennsylvania Child Support website. There you can complete and submit a request to modify your existing child support Order. Note, this will preserve retroactivity to the date filed, but will not be processed until the local support offices reopen. Hope this helps. Be well.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.