Philadelphia, PA asked in Immigration Law for Pennsylvania

Q: I was wondering if it was possible to obtain an extended visa while pursuing a master’s degree in a fully online program

I was wondering if this was possible while also working in the field of the degree one was pursuing.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Robert Roy Klein
Robert Roy Klein
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Los Angeles, CA

A: I'm unsure what you mean by extended visa. What is your current status? If it's an F1, you can pursue a work visa, such as an EB visa or a nonimmigrant visa, such as a H1B, O1, L1, etc. If all you have is a bachelor, you probably don't qualify for an O1. The H1B lottery is already over, so you'll have to wait until next year for that. If you're a manager or executive for a foreign company and want to work in their US subsidiary, you can go for an L1. With just a bachelor, you may qualify for an EB3. All of these will require a job offer or an employer willing to sponsor your visa petition. Talk to an immigration attorney to go over your options.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.