Grand Meadow, MN asked in Civil Litigation for Minnesota

Q: Can I still look into suing a company from last June for being spray by Chemicals?

I live in the country in rural Mower County MN. Surrounded by fields. June 3 my kids and I were out in the back yard kids were in the pool I was working on some brush piles. The winds were 30mph + from the South that day and Northern County Coop decided to spray herbicides that day with a brand new Heggi Sprayer 100" booms on each side. They drove down the field and started right by my house. Well when you have to start the machine you need to purge it and they did it right next to us. It coated me dripping wet and I yelled at my kids to get in the house and shut the windows. The sprayer was 50Ft away from me and maybe 100ft from my kids in the pool. it was going everywhere. There is some brush and trees from field to pool so he did not see us I assume. Story short I haven't felt the same since . that day my eyes swelled up my skin(no shirt) was on fire. I tired chasing him down but he would not stop. I found out the guy had no training on the new machine. They never notified me.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Lucas Wynne
Lucas Wynne
  • Duluth, MN
  • Licensed in Minnesota

A: If you suffered an actual injury, sure you can sue. But you will need to be able to prove that injury. Medical records are where you start.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.