Braselton, GA asked in Criminal Law and Traffic Tickets for Georgia

Q: Police slammed my man on the ground bc he asked them to leave and he didn't want to speak with them.

They charging him with obstruction (resisting arrest) and He done absolutely nothing wrong . I need legal advice

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Sean McIlhinney
Sean McIlhinney
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Norcross, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: It appears that your friend may have been charged with obstruction of justice in Braselton, GA (Jackson County).

I have been practicing law 24 years and know this jurisdiction very well.

Your friend may have some excellent defenses to beat the case but I will need to know more facts about the case.

Please feel free to call or text me to discuss the case further.

My cell phone is 404-932-3099. Best regards,

Sean McIlhinney, Esq.

Cell: 404-932-3099

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.