Lock Haven, PA asked in Employment Law for Pennsylvania

Q: I have to be off work due to no child care or school have work for employer with 500 plus employees

My company is not under 500 employees what are my rights to be able to take off during covid 19 with no child care or school. My children need me home during the day and I can t afford to lose my job in long term. Money not a issue cuz I can get unemployment I just need to with kids till I can get a daycare opens up

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

A: Since your employer employs more than 500 employees, you are unfortunately not eligible for aid through the Families First Coronavirus Response Act that was recently passed. However, if you've been employed full-time with your company for at least a year, you may be eligible to take an unpaid leave of absence from work under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) to care for your children. You can reach out to your company's HR department to ask about other unpaid leave options your company may offer.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.