Carlisle, PA asked in Child Custody for Pennsylvania

Q: My sons father and I have 50/50 custody but he has only seen him for 4 days since 2020 has began. Did he break the orde

My sons father and I have a court ordered agreement that states we have 50/50 custody but my sons father has only seen him for 4 days since 2020 has begun. Does that mean he broke the court order and does that give me enough reason to petition for a custody change. His father lives in another state 100+ miles away.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kathryn Hilbush
Kathryn Hilbush
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Media, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: He certainly didn't have him for 50% of the time so far this year according to your post, but without being able to actually read the order it would be difficult to know whether he"broke" the order. I suggest that you discuss the situation with an experienced family law attorney in your area. He/she will be able to review the order as well as give you some insight into whether or not it's a good idea to take the dad back to court at this point.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.