Three Springs, PA asked in Child Custody for Pennsylvania

Q: What actions should i take to get my 15 year old son home with me

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Cary B. Hall
Cary B. Hall
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Norristown, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: With such a general question without any facts, I can't even begin to answer your question. And frankly, adding more facts here online won't help you much either. You'll need to directly consult with an experienced family law attorney who can best advise you based on the specific facts of your own situation.

Generally, though, if there's no custody order in place, you can file a petition for custody, start a case, and the courts will make a decision if the parents can't reach an agreement among themselves. If there *is* a custody agreement and you're looking for more custodial time, you can file a petition to modify custody.

Of note, your son's preferences matter a lot more to the court now that he's 15 - and the court will want to hear from him.

Realize, however, that because the regular business of the courts are mostly closed due to the Covid-19 crisis, only emergency matters are being heard at present -- so it may take some additional time to get any relief.

Best of luck to you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.