Chicago, IL asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Minnesota

Q: Mom has harrassment order on me but not reliefed to my son.she is using it as a tool.. I have joint legal and physical.

I am pretty sure he is at her parents right now.. so can I go there with current custody order I'll have sherriff meet me there to assist.. and take him for a day or 2 as long as she is not there.

She out this harrassment protection order on me to keep me from seeing him and then filed for full custody. She is controlling and has to have all the control as I seen with her other son and his dad.. but main question can I go to grandparents with the current order and take him and will sherriff assist cause they are going to bit want to let me take him but we have not seen eachother for more than 45 days and previous I have been there every other day at the most and had him every weekend u have out him to bed sense he was a baby up till January when I moved out.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Roger Adams
Roger Adams
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Kenyon, MN
  • Licensed in Minnesota

A: Child custody can be very difficult deal with. The most important thing you could do is seek an family law attorney. An attorney can petition the court in regards to your protective order. If you are unrepresented, the first step is to find a lawyer to help.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.