Arlington, TX asked in Adoption for Louisiana

Q: Can I present the form, CHC 1122 to a court, with the alleged father present to complete the surrender?

My fiance would like to adopt my daughter and her biological father is okay with the decision. How will I go about this? Also we reside in Texas and the father lives in Louisiana.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Douglas Lee Bryan
Douglas Lee Bryan
  • Family Law Lawyer
  • Marksville, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: The bio dad's surrender would have to be filed in the adoption proceedings. You need to consult with an attorney who handles intrafamily adoptions, such as myself, to discuss the process and anticipated costs. Intrafamily adoptions are not nearly as complicated as a private adoption and are generally faster and less expensive.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.