Dallas, TX asked in Domestic Violence for Arkansas

Q: Domestic battery 3 over 20 years ago. Couldn’t fight it then, can I have it removed now.

I am about to become a Nurse Practitioner and don’t want This charge to continue to hinder me. I was married to a girl who was cheating, I knew she was going to see him and we got into an argument, the car keys were on the counter and we both went for them, I bumped/pushed her and inadvertently her face hit the corner of the door. I couldn’t fight the charge then, thought it wouldn’t be a big deal, people would be able to see the report and my side when it showed up...I was wrong. Now 20 years later it still haunts me.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jarred Kibbey
Jarred Kibbey
  • Licensed in Arkansas

A: In Arkansas if you have met the all the conditions of your sentence and, depending on the charge, enough time has passed, you can petition the court to have your records sealed. Every case is a little different and you should consult an experienced attorney to make sure you follow the correct steps.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.