Johnstown, PA asked in Family Law for Pennsylvania

Q: is there anything I can do about my granddaughter being abused?

Hi my name is Tammy and I have a granddaughter who is in an abusive home and I’ve contacted child services several times and it’s like they don’t care, the mom had her older son removed because she let him be abuse for 2yrs and did nothing about it, she got with my son and when child service caught up with her she blamed the 2yrs of abuse on my son and she was only with him for a couple months. I don’t want my granddaughter to be in the same situation her brother was in and have to go through that for 2yrs. My son would like to get her and show her a good life she deserves that.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kathryn Hilbush
Kathryn Hilbush
  • Media, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: It appears that you're anticipating that the mom will abuse your granddaughter, not that it's happening now. I suggest that your son consult with an experienced family law attorney to discuss filing a complaint for custody. Also, as an aside, please never post identifying information on a website like this. You really don't want just anyone knowing your email address.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.