La Vergne, TN asked in Car Accidents for Tennessee

Q: Can I sue a business owner for not paying for car damages

I was rear ended by a company car in Feb. The owner agreed to cover the cost out of pocket to avoid his insurance going up. He's been giving me the run around ever since. Can I sue for the cost of the damage?

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: Yes. The Defendants include: the Company as principal and master for their agent/servant Driver; The Driver individually; and whoever the owner of the car is. Remember the accident report is inadmissible in evidence. And suing the Company can be tricky if a corporation, etc. His insurance company is not a defendant. The SOL of property damages is 3 years. Remember obtaining a Judgment is alot easier than collecting upon it.

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Wyomissing, PA

A: You may also have a claim for any injuries, medical expenses etc. You should contact a member of the Tn Assn for Justice in the county where the wreck happened.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.