Woodstock, GA asked in Patents (Intellectual Property) for Georgia

Q: I have an idea for a product that could be used asap in dental offices to help protect patients and employees since Covi

How do I go about inexpensively getting a provisional patent so that I can start getting this product out there? I do not have time to do a regular patent.

1 Lawyer Answer
Bill Hulsey
Bill Hulsey

A: You can submit a provisional patent application that provides a description of how to make and use the invention. This will establish an international filing date. From this date you can further seek U.S. and international patent protection via subsequent patent filings.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.